Essays for 2016-17 (Class of 2019):
FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS – ONE REQUIRED ESSAY:
We believe that the best results are achieved when you share success, think fearlessly and drive change. With this in mind, what are your goals at UCLA Anderson and in your short-term and long-term career? (750 words maximum)
Are there any extenuating circumstances in your profile about which the Admissions Committee should be aware? Please use your best judgment. (250 words maximum)
Two letter of recommendation are needed from individuals who are well acquainted with your performance in a work setting, preferably from a direct supervisor or manager. If you are unable to ask a current supervisor for a recommendation, then you can ask a former boss, a manager from another department, or a consultant or client who knows you well enough to answer the questions insightfully.
1. How do the candidate’s performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well?qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
2. Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
3. In UCLA Anderson’s school culture we share success, drive change and think fearlessly. Please give examples where the applicant exhibited any or all of these.
Resume should be of one page and not more than two pages.
International applicants with just a 3-year undergraduate degree may be admitted if the Admissions Committee determines that their entire academic profile and overall application are strong enough.
4. GMAT/GRE are required. GMAT scores are preferred.
5. TOEFL/ IELTS scores are required if English is not your first language.
Minimum score requirements are:
IELTS : at least 7.0
TOEFL : at least 87 on the internet-based test, with the following recommended minimum scores for each section:
• Writing: 25
• Speaking: 24
• Reading: 21
• Listening: 17
6. Application fee is $200.
Interviews are by invitation only. These are held on-campus, or off-campus via Skype, they last approximately 30 minutes and are conducted by second-year MBA students. All interviews are conducted blind.
Those who applied for the class entering in 2015 or 2016 are required to complete the following essay:
Please describe your career progress since you last applied and ways in which you have enhanced your candidacy. Include updates on short-term and long-term career goals, as well as your continued interest in UCLA Anderson. (750 words maximum)