Round 1: September 19, 2017
Round 2: January 10, 2018
Round 3: April 4, 2018
Application is due at 10 a.m. Pacific Time
Required Essays for 2017-18 (Class of 2020, matriculating Fall 2018):
Essay A: What matters most to you, and why?
The adcom expects applicants to so some soul searching give genuine answer about who you are as a person, what are your experiences, how have they shaped your perspectives, what are the situations that have influenced you. To put is shortly, they want to know the REAL YOU.
Essay B: Why Stanford?
How will earning your MBA at Stanford will enable you to realize your ambitions.
Explain your decision to pursue graduate education in management.
Explain the distinctive opportunities you will pursue at Stanford.
If you are applying to both the MBA and MSx programs, use Essay B to address your interest in both programs.
Your answers for both answers should not exceed 1,150 words. Stanford has suggested the following word limits for both the essays.
Essay Word Count
Essay A : 750
Essay B: 400
Essay Formatting guidelines: Your essays should be doubled spaced; include the essay question; number every page and; upload both essays on one document.
Check out 2016 Stanford essays
Other application requirements:
Other application material requirements:
1. Recommendations: Two recommendations are required. One
should be from your direct supervisor at work or the next best alternative (if you have not disclosed your MBA plans at work). The other recommendation can be from an additional supervisor or a peer evaluator.
- How does the applicant’s performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?) Up to 500 words
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. Up to 500 words
- (Optional) Is there anything else we should know? Please be concise. Letter should be 2-4 pages.
Additionally, recommenders fill a grid of character traits & competencies to check box qualities that are desired in you as an applicant.
2. Resume : submit a one page business resume.
3. Undergrad scores– a three year degree is valid. Report your undergrad GPA along with the scale used by the institution. You also have to upload a copy of your transcripts
4. GMAT or GRE- self report scores from one single session.
5. TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE – If you studied from a college where the language of instruction was completely English, then you qualify for a waiver. Score requirement is 100 for TOEFL (internet) and 7 for IELTS
6. Application fee– $275
7. Interviews are by invitation only. Stanford invites about 1000 applicants to interview. The interviews are mostly conducted by alumni in different cities around the world
Reapplicants have to submit a new application.
Stanford does not give out feedback to denied applicants.