Round 1: October 2, 2017
Round 2: January 2, 2018
Round 3: March 19, 2018
Required Essays for 2017-18 (Class of 2020, matriculating Fall 2018):
Part 1: Short Answer Questions
Select one prompt from each group. Respond to your selected prompts using 100 words or fewer (<100 words each; 300 words total).
- I want people to know that I:
- I turned an idea into action when I:
- I made a difference when I:
- I showed my resilience when I:
- I was humbled when:
- I am out of my comfort zone when:
- I was aware that I am different when:
- I find it challenging when people:
- A valuable thing I have taught someone is:
Part 2: Essay
Please share your short-term and long-term career goals. What skills/strengths do you have that will be relevant to your career goals? How will Ross prepare you for your goals? (300 words)
This section should only be used to convey information not addressed elsewhere in your application, for example, completion of supplemental coursework, employment gaps, academic issues, etc. Feel free to use bullet points where appropriate.
Other application requirements:
Ross requires ONE recommendation. A current or former supervisor is an ideal choice. Other alternatives include a client, project manager, or professional mentor.
1. Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization. (50 words).
2. How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?) (500 words)
3. Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (500 words)
A college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American bachelor’s degree is valid for applying.
3. GMAT / GRE:
Both scores are acceptable. You must submit your scores from a single sitting, if you have tested several times.
If you studied in an undergrad institution (accredited) where the sole language of instruction was English, then you are exempt from taking TOEFL.
Should be one page long.
6. Application fee:
Interview is by invitation only.
Along with the interview Ross has a Team Exercise, which is optional for the applicants. All applicants who are invited to interview, can participate in the exercise. Groups of 5-6 applicants are asked to give a three minute presentation as a team. The exercise helps the admissions team evaluate candidates for their team work, interpersonal and communication skills.
You are a reapplicant if you apply within one year of your original application.
Reapplicants need to submit the new application. You can opt to submit the new essays. You have to submit a letter updating on your candidacy since your last application.
You also have to submit one new recommender. Even if you use your original recommender, the reco letter should be newly completed.