Required Essay for 2016-17 (Class of 2019):
At the time of submission:
Cover Letter: Please submit a cover letter seeking a place in the MIT Sloan MBA Program. Your letter should conform to a standard business correspondence and be addressed to Mr. Rod Garcia, Senior Director of Admissions. (250 words or fewer)
The Admissions Committee invites you to share additional information about yourself, in any format. If you choose a multimedia format, please host the information on a website and provide us with the URL.
Please keep all videos and media limited to 2:00 minutes total in length.
Please keep all written essays to 500 words or less.
A second short-answer question will be asked of those invited to interview:
The mission of the MIT Sloan School of Management is to develop principled, innovative leaders who improve the world and to generate ideas that advance management practice. Please share with us something about your past that aligns with this mission. (250 words or fewer).
Other Application Requirements:
Two letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations may be in either letter or short answer format and should not exceed two pages each. Please answer the following questions:
– How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
– How does the applicant stand out from others in a similar capacity?
– Please give an example of the applicant’s impact on a person, group, or organization.
– Please give a representative example of how the applicant interacts with other people.
– Which of the applicant’s personal or professional characteristics would you change?
– If you are an academic/technical recommender, please tell us how well the applicant mastered the subject you taught or supervised and in what ways did the applicant demonstrate this mastery.
– Please tell us anything else you think we should know about this applicant.
2. Resume: Please submit a resume that includes your employment history and academic record in reverse chronological order. Other information appropriate to a business resume is welcomed and encouraged. (no more than 1 page in length)
All courses that count toward a degree are valid. A three year degree is valid.
4. GMAT or GRE:
Submit your highest single score
TOEFL is not required
6. Application fee : $250
Application is due at 3 p.m. Eastern Time
Interviews are by invitation only. They are conducted by members of the admissions committee and are held at MIT or select cities.
Reapplicants are ONLY those who tried for entry in 2015. Reapplicants will submit a new and complete application, including new recommendation letters, essays, and transcripts. Applicants who applied for entry prior to 2016 are not considered re-applicants.