Essay questions for 2015-16
1. At The University of Texas at Austin, what starts here changes the world. You are at the Texas MBA Orientation for the Class of 2018, meeting your cohort for the first time. Please introduce yourself to your new classmates, including relevant information about your personal and professional life.
Select only one communication method that you would like to use for your response.
– Write an essay (250 words)
– Share a video introduction (one minute)
– Share your about me profile
2. The McCombs School of Business is where leadership is earned. We have an inclusive environment where our dynamic and driven students take an active role in the Texas MBA community. Please discuss why the Texas MBA is the ideal program for you, what you hope to achieve, and how you will contribute to your classmates’ experience. (500 words)
3. Optional Essay:
Please provide any additional information you believe is important and/or address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the Admissions Committee in considering your application (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance, significant weaknesses in your application, or extenuating personal circumstances). (250 words)
One recommendation is required from a professional contact – a supervisor or another person who has assessed your work.
A professional resume. McCombs strongly recommends applicants to have atleast 2 years of work experience.
3. GMAT or GRE:
Use the highest test scores from a single test. Self reported scores are okay at the time of application.
4. English Proficiency test:
You can request a TOEFL waiver if you meet any of these three conditions:
a). If you have earned your degree in a country where English is the official language
b). You have lived/worked in US or another country where English is the official language for atleast two of past four years.
c). You were educated solely in English for your undergraduate.
5. Application fee– $200
Interviews are by invitation only.