Round 1 (Early Action): Oct 14
Round 2 : Dec 2
Round 3 : Jan 13
Early action deadline is for those applicants whose first choice school is UNC Kenan-Flagler and they will attend it, if admitted. You will know your admit decision by December 12, 2016 and will have to make a $3000 non-refundable enrollment deposit by January 9, 2017.
Required Essays for 2016-17 (Class of 2018):
Please describe your short and long term goals post-MBA. Explain how your professional experience has shaped these goals, why this career option appeals to you, and how you arrived at the decision that now is the time and the MBA is the appropriate degree. (500 words maximum)
1. What personal qualities or life experiences distinguish you from other applicants? How do these qualities or experiences equip you to contribute to UNC Kenan-Flagler? (300 words maximum)
We’d suggest to all applicants to not treat this one as an optional essay, but to answer it definitely. It gives you a great chance to tell about yourself and why you are a fit at UNC. Don’t give that chance up.
2. If your standardized test scores are low, or if you have not had coursework in core business subjects (calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting), please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative rigor of the MBA curriculum. (300 words maximum)
3. Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? (300 words maximum)
Other application requirements:
They require two professional recommendations, preferably from supervisors. There is a 10 business day grace period past the deadline to receive recommendations, but this will delay the processing of your application.
Resume should be one page, two pages maximum.
Three year degrees are okay.
5. English Proficiency Tests:
TOEFL, IELTS or PTE – Indian applicants who earned their undergrad or grad degrees from Indian universities do not need to submit these scores
6. Fee: $150
UNC Kenan-Flagler has two methods of interviewing:
1. Campus Open Interview Season: you can self-register for an interview between September 6, 2016 and October 31, 2016. This is a guaranteed interview.
2. Candidates who do not interview during the Campus Open Interview Season will be considered for an interview after their application has been submitted.