Required essays for 2016-17:
1. Leadership and teamwork are integral parts of the Kellogg experience. Describe a recent and meaningful time you were a leader. What challenges did you face, and what did you learn? (450 words)
2. Pursuing an MBA is a catalyst for personal and professional growth. How have you grown in the past? How do you intend to grow at Kellogg? (450 words)
If needed, use this section to briefly describe any extenuating circumstances (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, etc.) (no word count)
After submitting a completed application, each applicant will be asked to complete two Video Essay Questions. One will be about the candidate’s interest in Kellogg and the other will be a “getting to know you” type of question.
Candidates will have 20 seconds to think about their question and up to 1 minute to give their response. The Video Essays will take 15-20 minutes to complete – which includes time for set-up and answering all the practice questions.
Other application requirements:
1. Recommendations: You must submit two letters of recommendation through the online application. One should ideally be from a current supervisor or manager, while the second letter can come from someone who can evaluate your professional performance and your managerial/leadership potential (e.g., former supervisor, previous employer, client).
2. GMAT or GRE: Both are acceptable.
3. Undergrad: A degree from certain international three-year undergraduate programs (e.g., institutions in India, United Kingdom) may be acceptable
4. TOEFL: waiver is given to an applicant who has completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university where English was the ONLY language of instruction. If you graduated from an Indian institution that does not explicitly state this, please provide the URL for the homepage of the school’s website.
5 Application Fee: $250.
Kellogg is among the few business schools that encourages every applicant to take the interview. Interviews can be scheduled on-campus or off-campus. As the off campus interviews are taken by alumni, there is a possibility that your interview can be waived if no alum is available to take your interview. In this case, you may be asked to take an interview over Skype.
Reapplicants must submit a new online application with essays and one recommendation, transcripts and resume. Additionally they have to address the following question:
Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 word limit)