INSEAD application requirements, deadlines and essay questions:
Round 1 : 15th March
Round 2: 3rd May
Round 3: 14th June
Round 4: 26th July
R1 deadline begins from September
What the Admissions looks for:
1. Ability to contribute insights gained from personal and professional experiences.
2. Academic capacity reflected through academic scores and GMAT/GRE. Academic competitiveness is determined by the rigour of your undergrad/grad institute and your performance. For the GMAT, try to score above the 75th percentile in both Quant and Verbal. For GRE, score above 85% in both Quant and Verbal is recommended
3. Strong International motivation, demonstrated either through studying or working abroad, or working in international teams or having travelled extensively or learning new languages.
4. Leadership potential
Job Description essays (No word limit)
1. Briefly summarise your current (or most recent) job, including the nature of work, major responsibilities, and where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, clients/products and results achieved.
2. What would be your next step in terms of position if you were to remain in the same company?
3. Please give a full description of your career since graduating from university. Describe your career path with the rationale behind your choices.
4. Discuss your short and long term career aspirations with an MBA from INSEAD.
5. If you are currently not working or if you plan to leave your current employer more than 2 months before the programme starts, please explain your activities and occupations between leaving your job and the start of the programme. (optional)
Motivational Essays (stick to +/-10% word limit):
1. Give a candid description of yourself (who are you as a person), stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses and the main factors which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when necessary (approximately 500 words).
2. Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and explain why. In addition, describe a situation where you failed. How did these experiences impact your relationships with others? Comment on what you learned(approximately 400 words).
3. Describe all types of extra-professional activities in which you have been or are still involved for a significant amount of time (clubs, sports, music, arts, politics, etc). How are you enriched by these activities? (approximately 300 words).
4. Is there anything else that was not covered in your application that you would like to share with the Admissions Committee? (approximately 300 words).
The Admissions Process:
The admissions process takes about 10 weeks from the time you submit your application. After you submit your written application, you will get a link to complete the video interview– this is a new feature that has been introduced in the MBA application process only since 2016. There are 4 questions to be answered in every video interview- you will have 45 seconds to prepare your answer and one minute to speak. The video interview exercise should be completed within 48 hours of your application deadline.
Interviews are by invitation only and every applicant has to complete two interviews with INSEAD alumni.
Letters of recommendation: Two professional recommendations are required and should provide information about your leadership and management potential. They should preferably come from a manager or an immediate supervisor. Academic recommendations are accepted but professional ones are preferred.
English Language Requirements: If your university degree was exclusively taught in English, send a proof to validate this.
Application Fee: Euro 250