Round 1: October 5, 2017
Round 2: January 9, 2018
Round 3: April 3, 2018
Application to be submitted by: 12 EST NOON
Required Essays for 2017-18 (Class of 2020, matriculating Fall 2018):
When preparing for class at Darden, students formulate an opinion on each case before meeting with their learning teams and class sections. When encountering different views and perspectives from their own, opinions frequently shift. Tell us about a time when your opinion evolved through discussions with others.”
(500 words maximum)
What is your short-term, post-MBA career goal and why? (150 words)
While in the MBA program, where do you want to go to explore a specific economy or business culture? (5 words)
Why? (40 words)
Tell us what you would want your learning team to know about you – personal, professional or both. (100 words)
In Charlottesville, you will find members of the Darden community engaged in activities such as: Running on the Rivanna Trail near Darden, tasting wine on the Monticello Wine Trail, listening to live music and dining on the Downtown Mall, tubing on the James River, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, or cheering on UVA’s athletic teams.
What are you excited to explore in Charlottesville? (15 words)
If there is further information you believe would be helpful to the Admission Committee, please provide it (250 words)
Other application requirements:
Two recommendations are required. You may submit more than two recommendations, but use your judgment in submitting an extra one only if you have something new and substantial to tell.
1. Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization. (Recommended word count: 50 words)
2. How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?) (Recommended word count: 500 words)
3. Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (Recommended word count: 500 words)
4. (Optional) Is there anything else we should know?
Submit a one page business resume that has your employment history in reverse chronological order (both part time and full time jobs). Also include your educational degrees (bachelor’s onwards).
Three years degree are recognized.
4. GMAT or GRE:
Use the highest test scores from a single test. Self reported scores are okay at the time of application.
5. English Proficiency test:
You can submit TOEFL/ IELTS or PTE scores. The English proficiency test is waived off for applicants who got their bachelor’s from an institution where the medium of instruction was English.
Interviews are by invitation only and every accepted applicant has to take one. US based applicants have to interview on the Darden campus. International applicants can interview during admissions events or through Skype.
You will have to submit a new application and ONE new recommendation. Additional recommendations are optional
Essay: What have you done to improve your candidacy since you last applied? (100 words)