Essays required for 2016-17 (class of 2019):
1. If you could choose one song that expresses who you are, what is it and why? (250 words maximum)
(Tips from Haas: Your song can be in any language, from any culture, and does not need to contain lyrics. The strongest responses will focus on answering why this song expresses who you are).
2. Please respond to one of the following prompts: (250 words maximum)
• Describe an experience that has fundamentally changed the way you see the world and how it transformed you.
• Describe a time when you were challenged by perspectives different from your own and how you responded.
• Describe a difficult decision you have made and why it was challenging.
(Tips from Haas:We do not have a preference among the prompts and suggest that you select the one for which you can share a specific experience, professional or personal).
3. Tell us about your career plans. How have your past experiences prepared you to achieve these goals? How will Berkeley-Haas help you? (500 words maximum)
(Tips from Haas: You are encouraged to reflect on what it is you want to do after business school, including the types of roles, responsibilities, and organizations that are of interest. Through this essay we hope to learn about your professional journey to date and how an MBA will facilitate your success – broadly defined – in the future).
1. If you have not provided a letter of recommendation from your current supervisor, please explain. If not applicable, enter N/A.
2. List, in order of importance, significant community and professional organizations and extracurricular activities in which you have been involved during or after university studies. Include the following information for each using the format below:
• Name of organization or activity
• Nature of organization or activity
• Size of organization
• Dates of involvement
• Offices held
• Average number of hours spent per month
3. List full-time and part-time jobs held during undergraduate or graduate studies indicating the employer, job title, employment dates, location, and the number of hours worked per week for each position held prior to the completion of your degree.
4. If you have ever been subject to academic discipline, placed on probation, suspended, or required to withdraw from any college or university, please explain. If not, please enter N/A (An affirmative response to this question does not automatically disqualify you from admission).
Use this essay to share information that is not presented elsewhere in the application, for example:
• Explanation of employment gaps or academic aberrations
• Quantitative abilities
• For re-applicants, improvements to your candidacy
Other Application Requirements:
Two letters of recommendation are required, preferably one from a current supervisor.
2. Resume: Please submit a resume that includes your employment history and academic record in reverse chronological order. Other information appropriate to a business resume is welcomed and encouraged. (no more than 1 page in length)
You should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution. A 16-year education upto graduation is a must.
4. GMAT or GRE:
Submit your highest single score
Indian Applicants must take the TOEFL or IELTS. Your TOEFL must be atleast 90 for the computer based test and IELTS should be atleast 7. The tests shoudl have been taken on or after June 1, 2014.
6. Application fee : $200
Application is due at 11.59 p.m. Pacific Time
Interviews are by invitation only. These are conducted by trained students (on campus) or alumni (off campus). Interviews are blind, i.e. the interviewer only has only your resume. 20-30% of the entire applicant pool gets interviewed.
You are considered a reapplicant if you have submitted an application within the past two years. You will need to fill up the online application form once again and update any new test/ academic scores.
Use the optional essay to explain how your candidacy has improved over the last time you applied.
You are also encouraged to submit one or two new letters of recommendation.